On Tuesday, November 8th, we’re hosting a bipartisan panel of experts who will present recommendations for the Super Committee to reach the mandated $1.5 trillion (or more!) in deficit reductions. Their deadline is quickly approaching, and it’s unclear what recommendations will come out of their meetings to review our nation’s fiscal crisis.
Many different people have opinions about what the Super Committee should do, and we’ve invited a broad spectrum of these voices to come together and discuss their options — and answer your questions. Our bipartisan panel of experts includes representatives from the following organizations: Americans for Prosperity, Center for American Progress, National Taxpayers Union, U.S. Public Interest Research Group, Taxpayers for Common Sense, and Third Way. As their schedules permit, some elected officials may also join us to share their insights. We look forward to a discussion of ideas from both sides of the aisle, and hope this is a small step to begin restoring America’s prosperity.
Here are the details:
Tuesday, November 8th
11:30am – 1:00pm
Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 562
If you’d like to review the recommendations laid out by some of our bipartisan panel participants, feel free to browse through the links below.
- Americans For Prosperity – Cut Spending Now (PDF)
- Center for American Progress – Recommendations for the Special Joint Committee on Deficit Reduction
- The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget – What we hope to see from the Super Committee
- U.S. Public Interest Research Group & National Taxpayers Union – Toward Common Ground
- Taxpayers for Common Sense – Supercuts for the Super Committee (PDF)
- Third Way – Third Way’s Bipartisan Savings Package for the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction
If you’re able to join us, please RSVP by clicking here. We are looking forward to meeting you in person and discussing potential solutions to our country’s budget crisis.